2017 The Logan Visionary Conference: FOOD, From Crisis to Innovative Delight!
FOOD, From Crisis to Innovative Delight!
- When: Sunday, April 2
- Time: Doors open at 12:30 pm.
Program begins promptly at 1pm
- Place: Jim Rouse Visionary Center, 3rd floor
- Cost: FREE to the public. Please RSVP
Join us for a full afternoon of learning and amazement on Sunday, April 2 at AVAM's free annual public conference, sponsored by The Reva and David Logan Foundation. In compliment to AVAM's latest thematic exhibition, Yummm! The History, Fantasy, and Future of FOOD, our 2017 conference will explore agricultural sustainability and sanctity; visionary ideas as to the enhanced future of food; and great take home information for better nutrition, fitness and well-being.
Our lineup of national speakers, activists, and researchers include:
- Keynote speaker Seth Goldman: Co-founder & TeaEO Emeritus of Honest Tea and Executive Chairman of Beyond Meat
- McKay Jenkins: Author of Food Fight: GMOs and the Future of the American Diet and University of Delaware Tilghman Professor of English, Journalism, and Environmental Humanities
- Kenneth L. Kaplan: Food futurist, senior health system advisor and co-founder of Food Systems 6
- Judith Selby Lang & Richard Lang: Husband & wife artist team who create artwork from plastic collected on a beach near their home in California, featured in award-winning documentary, One Plastic Beach
- Deborah Mizeur: Clinical herbalist and nutritionist, and co-owner of Apotheosis Herb Farm on Maryland's Eastern Shore
- Ernestine Shepherd: World's oldest (most gorgeous, too!) competitive female bodybuilder and professional trainer
- Judy Wicks: Founder of White Dog Cafe and the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
Free to the public, but registration is requested. Please RSVP. If you have questions prior to the conference, contact Abby Baer at email@example.com or 410-244-1900 x247