News from the Visionary!
Mega #Kinetic Thanks & Congratulations to all the Teams & Award Winners!
34 incredible teams endured the blistering heat & humidity this past Sunday, June 14 to compete in AVAM's 17th annual Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race. The race was an undeniable success, and each one of these invincible teams earned their Kinetic medals with flying (& perspiring) colors! While we are still recovering & re-hydrating, we want to take a moment to say the most sincere out of this world THANKS to the many individuals, organizations, and businesses that helped make this day possible for AVAM & the city of Baltimore.
Thank You To:
- Our Maryland State Delegates
- Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and her staff
- Baltimore City Police
- Baltimore Fire Department
- Baltimore Office of Promotions and the Arts
- Baltimore's Department of Recreation and Parks, especially the staff at Patterson Park!
- Every single Kinetic Team and their Pilots, Pit Crew and Supporters
- Our Kinetic Volunteers, Judges and MCs
- Tom Jones & the team of KineticBaltimore.com photographers
- All of our Sponsors (list below), Vendors and Food Trucks
- Tour dem Parks, Hon!
- Every one of AVAM's own sun-baked STAFF
- Our generous supporters thru our Crowdrise fundraiser
- And YOU: our dedicated fans and spectators who cheered us on the whole day!
Finally, CONGRATS to every Kinetic team who competed & finished, especially our East Coast National Grand Mediocre Champion: Kracken Upcycle. Preliminary race results have been posted to KineticBaltimore.com and many more of the 5k+ photos they shot during the day will be posted within a week or so.MORE
- When: Thursday, July 9
- What Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Cost: $15 General, $10 AVAM Members -- PURCHASE TICKETS (on sale 5/28)
- Where: In AVAM's Sculpture Barn & Garden
Dive in to AVAM's 2015 season of Flicks From The Hill with our ferocious Flicks Premiere Party! Chomp down on some delicious treats from Encantada, The Greene Turtle Baltimore at McHenry Row, Two Boots Pizza & SIP Kitchen & Wine Bar, and wash it all down with some tasty brews courtesy of Max's Taphouse while you enjoy music courtesy of DJ Carl from Classic Collective DJs. Let the feeding frenzy begin! Tickets are $15 for General Public, $10 for AVAM Members (all proceeds benefit AVAM), and includes all food & beverage (while it lasts). Fill up before our 9pm screening of JAWS... just don't go into the water!
Check out the full Flicks From The Hill 2015 line-up, and don't miss any of the Pre-Flicks events!
Tickets available thru Missiontix.com: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS (on sale 5/28). All ages welcome. Must show photo ID for over 21 wristband.